PTSD

TJoyC2002
Spam Check: No
Spam Sum: 15

PTSD

Post by TJoyC2002 »

Good Morning,

I have had PTSD from my own stupidity, from running from God, doing many things I shouldn't have, and in all essence, tried to prove He couldn't love me anymore. That failed as you might imagine, and He called me back, but after a year of cleaning out my heart (was a violent process full of flashbacks, anger, violence, and extreme emotions for six months, good thing my now fiance in mental health), but I still can't feel emotions in my relationship. I can see logically why I should love him, how great we are together, and that we are a match. I just can't feel. I can feel emotions anywhere else except where I had trauma. I can't seem to break through, and it is really hurting my fiance.

What do I do?
Beth McHugh

Re: PTSD

Post by Beth McHugh »

Hi Joy,
I'm sorry I took so long to reply to your query.
You said you have got PTSD form your own stupidity -- this can't be true! Whatever happened to cause this, it would have been beyond your control even if you willingly entered any given situation. The trauma shows this.

It will also be the trauma that is cousing you to have trouble feeling emotions. Shutting down of emotions is one of the side effects of PTSD. Have you sought counseling for the PTSD? This will help you to release the block that is causing you to "shut down".

Best wishes,
Beth
ImageBeth McHugh
B.Sc (Hons). B.Psych. Dip.Sc.
Principal, Your Online Counselor
Beth McHugh

Re: PTSD

Post by Beth McHugh »

For anyone suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder or if a friend or family member is affected you can learn more about this puzzling, frustrating and very painful condition by reading the articles I have written on this subject at http://youronlinecounselor.com/PTSDBlogs.htm

PTSD can happen to anyone given the right circumstances and counseling is particularly required to deal with the multitude of side effects that accompany this condition. One of the related problems with this condition is that people so often expect you to "get over it" and "put it behind you ". But a person can't really do that until the roots of the trauma are dealt with.
For assistance with PTSD please contact me by returning to youronlinecounselor.com by clicking the link at the top of the page.

Best wishes,

Beth
ImageBeth McHugh
B.Sc (Hons). B.Psych. Dip.Sc.
Principal, Your Online Counselor