Aggressive Obstructionist

Whinunatined1945
Spam Check: No
Spam Sum: 15

Aggressive Obstructionist

Post by Whinunatined1945 »

I left my passive-aggressive husband of 15 years 6 months ago (had been agreed 3 years prior to end once my education was done but this only heightened his behaviors). When I learned to finally identify the crazy making and stop engaging him the marriage spiraled out of control. This included an act of violence to inform me of "what a piece of *expletive your kids are".
I have been able to find plenty of articles on the behavior itself including the fantastic nail on the head article by Beth at Families.com. But I have been unable to find anything for the victim.

*Resulting behaviors or tendencies in myself
*Ways of healing
*Things to be conscious of etc.

I, for the first time, had the chance to go on a date and immediately felt out of sorts. I felt like I was in this heightened awareness state like I was waiting for the ques I had trained myself to recognize in my husband. I realized this was not good. Sitting in a constant state of anticipation is only inviting disaster and will never allow me to relax and enjoy a man as he is.
So I have put dating on hold until I can start pinpointing what I am doing and learning how this has changed me so that I may heal from the experience.
I interact wonderfully with my girlfriends and my male friends, I have extremely healthy relationships with very well rounded, well adjusted people (started building my social circle up on the side 3 years ago) with only the type of people I could say I would be proud to bring in to mine and my kid's lives so when this all took place we would have a good support group and they would be a wonderful example for my kids.
The problem is romantic interaction - there's something there and I'm not pinpointing it... Can anyone recommend any good reading or sites for me?

Thank you ahead of time - I appreciate anything you can throw my way.
Danielbon

Coping with Death.

Post by Danielbon »

How can we challenge societal norms and create more open and accepting spaces for discussing unconventional grief experiences, such as grieving for a deceased pet or mourning the loss of a fictional character?
Danielbon

Men Dating Men: Celebrating Harmony and Joint.

Post by Danielbon »

How can we challenge traditional gender roles and expectations within same-sex relationships, fostering a culture of equality and mutual support? Are there any unique challenges faced by men dating men that differ from other types of relationships, and how can we overcome them to create harmonious and fulfilling partnerships?
Danielbon

Dealing with the passive-aggressive manipulator in your life.

Post by Danielbon »

How can we effectively confront and neutralize the covert tactics employed by passive-aggressive individuals, ensuring healthier relationships and personal growth? Share your experiences, strategies, and success stories in overcoming the challenges posed by these manipulative behaviors.