Hello Beth

aspergersguy
Spam Check: No
Spam Sum: 15

Hello Beth

Post by aspergersguy »

I see that you are interested in adults with Asperger's syndrome. I am 39 and have Asperger's. I was officially diagnosed but I dont have it in writing. I am going back to see the same Dr and shes going to give me another workup and then give me an official document saying Asperger's. I write a pretty raw blog about living with Asperger's I bare my soul and say it like it is the good, the bad, and the ugly. If you would like to visit my site it is http://www.aspergersguy.com and my daughter was diagnosed with Asperger's 4 years ago is will be turning 20 soon. I am working on a book, and plan to be a speaker and advocate for people on the spectrum to anyone that will listen. I would love to talk to you sometime.
Beth McHugh

Re: Hello Beth

Post by Beth McHugh »

Hi Asperger Guy (I'm sure you have a name!),
Thank you for posting on the forum and I apologize for the long delay, I've been having an ISP problem on and off for the last 3 weeks and it's so frustrating. I'd love to talk to you about your life experiences, and am impressed that you want to becoame an advocate for others in the same position. How longhave you know you've had Asperger's and in mixing with ohters, how would you describe your level and comprtability with social skills? Have you been able to assist your daughter with your own life experiences? Has she been able to access that she too has the disorder. I hope you don't have any feelings of guilt around her...it is a genetic disorder and therfore beyondd your control. Again, I would be happy to hear your view of the world.

Best wishes,'Beth
ImageBeth McHugh
B.Sc (Hons). B.Psych. Dip.Sc.
Principal, Your Online Counselor