When parent alienates grown child

Toldtoleave56
Spam Check: No
Spam Sum: 15

When parent alienates grown child

Post by Toldtoleave56 »

In 2009 my only brother was killed at age 47 in the line of duty as a fireman. He died saving 65 men. I always knew of the 3 of us, my younger sister and I, he was the favorite. He, I have to admit was my favorite too! And as I entered my teen years I learned quickly that my mother was different. Not as warm and easily displeased, very Victorian views on how one should live. I never seemed to measure up. I graduated in the top ten of a class of 600 and disappointed when I chose to marry vs. go to college. A marriage I am still in today 41 years later. When my brother died my Mother held nothing back aainst his wife or sons in judgement. And when I called her out onthe Narcassistic spiteful behavior! I was told to choose. Which i refused. Now my mother had alienated other relatives from our lives over the years, Aunts, Uncles, friends here now then suddenly no longer around. When i suddenly challenged her behavior, i was told they never wanted to see me again.
I see all the postings of parents be alienated, and yet nothing on the controlling parent who walks away from their own child and then subsequently, 5 of the 8 grandchildren, 3 greatgrandchildren and my sister in law! Its not always the adult kid who walks sometimes they are told to leave and then just find it preferrable and more peaceful to stay gone