Stepmom, Mom, Stepsis and Half Bro have NPD

Hope2
Spam Check: No
Spam Sum: 15

Stepmom, Mom, Stepsis and Half Bro have NPD

Post by Hope2 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:51 am

Hello, I'm new to the Forum. Just wanted to give you a little background info. I went NC with NSM in Sep 2010. My Dad is her enabler/co-narcissist. Her son and older daughter are N's. (My Half Bro and Stepsister). I am also NC with my NSS.

Have any of you set a Boundary only to be raged at and blamed, and smeared to your FOO? What was the outcome of the Smear Campaign?

Beth McHugh

Re: Stepmom, Mom, Stepsis and Half Bro have NPD

Post by Beth McHugh » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:16 am

Hi Hope,
When you start to set boundaries with a narcissist, and going no contact is the biggest boundary you can set, you must inevitably get demonised by the narcissist and anyone who they control. This is because you are not playing the game properly! The smear campaign is designed to do two things: gather support for the N camp against you and second, use that to get you to toe the line again.
As you have no contact, this is the only tactic your SM can use and she has no direct contact with you. This is her way of getting back power. Because you have rejected her, she is rejecting you in the only way she can in a desperate attempt to make the playing field more even as you have taken the ball and gone home. I'm afraid this behavior will continue for some time. There will always be an issue there. Your only hope of real relief is that someone else takes the place of scapegoat, which is your role at the moment, and then her focus will be elsewhere. Until that time it will be you. This is the price you pay for being able to cut ties with this toxic couple, unfortunately your father is caught up in all this. If you fin you need at any time in sorting out anger, grief or guilt difficuties associated with the whole NPD situation, feel free to contact me at your onlinecounselor.com for a session. Good luck with it all!
Best wishes,
Beth
ImageBeth McHugh
B.Sc (Hons). B.Psych. Dip.Sc.
Principal, Your Online Counselor

Hope2
Spam Check: No
Spam Sum: 15

Post by Hope2 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:11 am

Thank you so much, Beth! You're absolutely right. I have heard this from my T in the past but ever since going NC, and things have come to a head, it's like "Whoa! This is really happening!" So how do I contact you? Just go to youronlinecounseler.com?

Beth McHugh

Post by Beth McHugh » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:26 pm

Yes, just click on the image at the top of the page and you will get back to the main page. You can then acces Servics there, Of just put youronlinecounselor.com into your browser and do the same thing.

Best,
Beth
ImageBeth McHugh
B.Sc (Hons). B.Psych. Dip.Sc.
Principal, Your Online Counselor